The first facility included in the Tidelands Health system, Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital opened in 1950. Since it’s opening, Tidelands Health has become the largest healthcare provider in the Georgetown and Horry Counties and employs more than 2,000 physicians and staff.
The 43,000 square foot, one-story expansion of the Black River Campus consists of six operating rooms, sixteen pre-operative beds, eight post-operative beds, a Sterile Processing Department, pathology laboratory, and all other associated ancillary spaces. The expansion features dedicated mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and medical gas systems.
More than 2,400 surgeries are performed at Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital each year and outpatient surgeries make up the greatest percentage of these surgeries. The expansion enables increased efficiency and flow, and allows for newer, larger equipment.
This project is part of a multi-million-dollar, multi-year renovation of the hospital that began in 2012. Renovations have included new and expanded patient rooms, a new women’s services unit, a laboratory, a renovated first-floor mall area, and an expanded entrance and parking area.