Under Construction: Renovation of the Greek-Revival style South Caroliniana Library, constructed circa 1840, to increase archival space and optimize functionality of the historic building. The library houses special collections, the Bulfinch Reading Room, gallery space, the Kendall Memorial Room, and an administrative suite. The structure was the first
Architect: Jenkins•Peer Architects
Renovation of Rebekah Scott Hall, a 1905 building on the National Register of Historic Places. The main floor houses the Admissions offices as well as the Welcome Center. The Second and Third Floor include housing for eighty upperclassmen.
Architect: Lord Aeck Sargent
Renovation and upgrades to the historic Fox Theatre, including renovation of retail space to accommodate the Peachtree Lounge, addition of a Roof Garden and a Roof Terrace located above the arcade and the Peachtree Lounge, and modifications to improve accessibility, exiting, and vertical transportation.
Architect: May Architecture + Interiors LLC
Conversion of the four story historically significant Beeson Hall from a residence hall into academic offices and support facilities. This project is pursuing Georgia Peach Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Construction certification.
Architect: Portman Architects
Conversion and adaptive re-use of nine floors in the twenty-eight story historic office building into Hotel Indigo, a 200 key hotel. The hotel includes restaurants, meeting space, and guest floors.
Architect: Lord Aeck Sargent
Associate Architect: LS3P Associates Ltd.
Associate Architect: Sottile & Sottile
Renovation of a circa 1850s shed/warehouse structure, located in a former railroad complex, to house SCAD’s growing permanent art collection, as well as the Walter O. Evans Center for African American Studies. The facility houses existing and future collections of art, and provides academic environments for programs of study relevant to art and architecture. In addition to gallery space and classrooms, the building also houses a 275 seat theatre, archival and presentation space, museum storage, a cafe, faculty offices, event space, and outdoor community space. Classrooms offer space for art history, museum studies, graphic design, fashion, and production design education.
Architect: Quinn Evans Architects
Originally constructed in 1921, the Robert S. Vance Federal Building and United States Courthouse was renovated and upgraded as part of the GSA’s Design Excellence Program. The project allowed for increased public functions and increased security, all while complementing the Beaux Arts character of the original building.
In Design: Renovation and expansion of the Lilly Library, originally constructed in 1927. The
Renovation of Rebekah Scott Hall, a 1905 building on the National Register of Historic Places. The
Fit-up of the Newcomb & Boyd offices in the Cigar Factory, a mixed-use facility originally
Restoration and conversion of the Lucas Theatre for the Arts, a 1920s movie palace, into a 1,400
Under Construction: Renovation of the circa 1930’s era Seacobeck Hall housing classrooms and
Under Construction: Phased renovation of the 100,000 square foot, four story, circa 1950s Judge S.
Renovation and upgrades to the historic Fox Theatre, including renovation of retail space to
Conversion of the four story historically significant Beeson Hall from a residence hall into
Under Construction: Renovation of the Greek-Revival style South Caroliniana Library, constructed
Renovation of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital and the Long Term Acute Care Hospital at the
Renovation and restoration of the 750 seat Springer Opera House, originally constructed in 1871.
Renovation of a circa 1850s shed/warehouse structure, located in a former railroad complex, to house
Renovation of the 750 seat historic fine arts theatre originally constructed in 1939, addition of
Court technology systems, including communications and audio-visual systems for the Vance Federal
Restoration and conversion of a historic four story dormitory into an education building for the Art
Renovation and restoration of the historic John A. and Joyce K. Caddell Building, formerly the