Court technology systems, including communications and audio-visual systems for the Vance Federal Building. Originally constructed in 1921, the Robert S. Vance Federal Building and United States Courthouse was renovated and upgraded as part of the GSA’s Design Excellence Program. The project allowed for increased public functions and increased security, all while complementing the Beaux Arts character of the original building.
Audio-visual systems, including court technology, audio and video presentation, electronic court recording, video conferencing, as well as structured cabling and Voice over IP systems were provided for three bankruptcy courtrooms, one historic district courtroom, a grand jury hearing room and a bankruptcy hearing room.
The Robert S. Vance Federal Courthouse Modernization is the recipient of the 2015 South Atlantic Chapter Construction Management Project Achievement Award.
In Design: Renovation and expansion of the Lilly Library, originally constructed in 1927. The
Renovation of Rebekah Scott Hall, a 1905 building on the National Register of Historic Places. The
Fit-up of the Newcomb & Boyd offices in the Cigar Factory, a mixed-use facility originally
Restoration and conversion of the Lucas Theatre for the Arts, a 1920s movie palace, into a 1,400
Under Construction: Renovation of the circa 1930’s era Seacobeck Hall housing classrooms and
Under Construction: Phased renovation of the 100,000 square foot, four story, circa 1950s Judge S.
Renovation and upgrades to the historic Fox Theatre, including renovation of retail space to
Conversion of the four story historically significant Beeson Hall from a residence hall into
Under Construction: Renovation of the Greek-Revival style South Caroliniana Library, constructed
Renovation of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital and the Long Term Acute Care Hospital at the
Renovation and restoration of the 750 seat Springer Opera House, originally constructed in 1871.