- FIRM PROFILE
Under Construction: The Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design is a living-learning laboratory supporting the study and promotion of sustainability in the southeast. Located in the Eco-Commons space of the Georgia Tech campus, the building comprises classrooms, makerspaces, student collaboration and research space, areas for public gathering, and an auditorium. Sustainable features include, radiant cooling and heating, daylight harvesting, automatic externally operated shades, natural ventilation, rainwater harvesting, condensate recovery, a Dedicated Outside Air System, a high efficiency envelope, demand control ventilation, occupancy sensors, and photovoltaics. This facility will pursue Living Certification for the Living Building Challenge 3.1.
Architectural acoustics to create an acoustical environment conducive to lecture, learning, group work, and communications for a living-learning laboratory. Acoustic isolation and absorption materials incorporated into reclaimed wood systems to provide sound isolation and reverberation control while featuring wood reclaimed from fallen trees on the campus.
Audio-visual systems using RoHS compliant hardware with low energy usage. Through AV over IP systems, all video and audio signals are streamed over the network, resulting in very little power consumption at remote locations due to the use of centrally powered and efficient PoE components. The building audio-visual systems are fed by a centralized AV rack closet, so the majority of all power and cooling requirements are relegated to a single location. Through use of traditional network switches, rather than dedicated AV switches, the systems use substantially less energy than traditional audio-visual systems. Additionally, all audio-visual systems are automatically turn off when not in use, and interface with a resource management system to monitor all system usage and provide alerts upon errors. All projectors utilize a laser light source, drawing less energy and producing less waste than lamps that have to be replaced. The audio-visual systems of the building adhere to the Georgia Tech standard functional requirements for classrooms, laboratories, and auditorium spaces.
The structured cabling system serves as the main distribution platform for building controls, AV over IP, energy management, access control and video surveillance signaling and communications between the main headends and peripheral devices. A high density wireless system throughout the building and the exterior green spaces reduce hard data connections for staff and students network use.
A control system secures the building perimeter, departmental suites and equipment access management, and credentialing. The video surveillance system is an expansion of the campus-wide video management system (VMS) and is integrated with the access control system with multi-sensor and directional cameras to monitor the common areas, entrances, and exterior green spaces.
The Atlanta Better Buildings Challenge presented the Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design with its annual Game Changer Award in 2018.
The first phase of a renovation of the HM Building. The facility, occupied by the University
Renovation of the two-story rotunda of the Blake R. Van Leer Building to create the
The Veterinary Medical Center comprises the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, including the Cora
Renovation of Rebekah Scott Hall, a 1905 building on the National Register of Historic Places. The
The Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Building is a warehouse facility housing support
A state-of-the-art instructional building for the School of Nursing and supporting
The campus of Impact 360, including “The Commons”, a 36,000 square foot multipurpose
Acoustics, audio-visual systems and lighting for the Core Campus Residence Hall, a mixed-use
A three-story student wellness center housing counseling and psychological services (CAPS), case
In Design: Renovation of the circa 1930’s era Seacobeck Hall housing classrooms and
Under Construction: Phased renovation of the 100,000 square foot, four story, circa 1950s Judge S.