- FIRM PROFILE
The J. Harold Harrison, M.D. Education Commons provides training for future dentists, doctors, and other medical professionals. The building includes specialized teaching and administrative space, state-of-the-art classrooms with a high level of audio-visual technology, group study rooms, and academic support space. The facility aids in establishing collaborative relationships between the School of Medicine and the School of Dentistry, as well as fostering research initiatives. A unique component of the facility is the 40,000 square foot Simulation and Clinical Trials space which provide students, faculty, and health care professionals with realistic opportunities to train, educate, advance skills, and facilitate research endeavors. Complementary to the educational programs, the building includes learning community spaces that enhance the activities, opportunities and relationships students encounter beyond the formal curriculum. The project also includes 24,000 square feet of renovated gross anatomy laboratories in the Carl T. Sanders Research and Education Building.
Sited on approximately 4.5 acres directly adjacent to the new School of Dental Medicine, this facility takes on a dramatic form to represent the innovative, collaborative and life changing activities housed inside. Educational activities are located on each floor. The internal functions of the building are organized to provide complimentary adjacencies of space types, clear circulation paths, views to the outside and opportunities to bring natural daylight into the shared public spaces, informal work spaces, and offices. Sustainable features include condensate recovery, demand control ventilation, energy recovery systems, lighting controls, and rainwater harvesting.The J. Harold Harrison, M.D. Education Commons is pursuing LEED Silver certification.
The J. Harold Harrison M.D. Education Commons won the 2015 South Atlantic Chapter Construction Management Project Achievement Award.
Renovation of a circa 1900 slaughterhouse in the historic Miller Union Stockyards to serve as
A state-of-the-art instructional building for the School of Nursing and supporting
The campus of Impact 360, including “The Commons”, a 36,000 square foot multipurpose
Acoustics, audio-visual systems and lighting for the Core Campus Residence Hall, a mixed-use
A student wellness center housing counseling and psychological services, case management, dental
In Design: Renovation of the circa 1930’s era Seacobeck Hall housing classrooms and
Under Construction: Phased renovation of the 100,000 square foot, four story, circa 1950s Judge S.
Expansion of the Blairsville Campus building to support health education programs. The addition
Conversion of the four story historically significant Beeson Hall from a residence hall into
Expansion of the Complex Carbohydrate Research Center (CCRC) to house the Center for Molecular
In Design: An office building with an 800 vehicle parking deck on Dalney Street. The parking deck