Mechanical Engineer, Atlanta, GA (5+ years)
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to design building HVAC systems.
For more than 95 years, we have been designing innovative systems that bring buildings to life. Our projects positively impact society, from research labs to cure infectious and chronic diseases to smart classrooms to inspire today’s scholars and tomorrow’s leaders. We are known for our sustainable and intelligent approach to design as we develop award-winning solutions for Fortune 500 companies, top healthcare systems, and leading universities.
At Newcomb & Boyd, we value the highest technical competencies, a “team-first” mentality, excellent communication skills, and a self-driven work ethic. We offer ample opportunities for professional growth, as evidenced by industry-low turnover.
- Support the company with the design of complex HVAC systems.
- Prepare 2 and 3-dimensional construction documents using Revit.
- Design automatic temperature control systems complete with control sequences, diagrams, and points lists.
- Prepare documents, calculations, and energy modeling studies for the LEED certification process.
- Coordinate design efforts working closely with our in-house disciplines, architectural clients, and building owners.
- Plan project production process.
- Perform contract administration duties of site visits, submittal review, and contractor assistance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrates proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrates a high-level understanding of HVAC system concepts.
- Ability to design and manage large, complex building HVAC systems.
- Possesses a solid technical base with desire to learn, lead, and grow into one of the firm’s lead mechanical engineers and project management for building types including healthcare, higher education, science and technology, workplace, and many others.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well in writing, as well as verbally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- PE in Mechanical Engineering.
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Minimum Five (5) years’ experience in the HVAC consulting business (large systems).
- Previous project experience preferred including large health care projects where the candidate’s role was the lead mechanical engineer.
- Previous experience in the HVAC consulting business, including large air handling, chilled water and hot water system design.
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to mechanical and electrical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the integration of additional services including commissioning, acoustics, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.