- FIRM PROFILE
The Winship Cancer Institute comprises seven floors of clinical and research laboratory space. The first clinical floor is dedicated to radiation oncology and radiology, and includes four CT scanners, two MRIs, two PET scanners, and two linear accelerators. Other clinical floors include an eighty-four person infusion center, clinical laboratories, a pharmacy, a Hematology/BMT clinic, a women’s diagnostic center, special procedure and diagnostic treatment areas, a patient resource and support center, and other multipurpose clinics and offices. Three laboratory floors include generic research space, support space, office space, and a conference center. Sustainable features include condensate recovery, heat recovery for outside air systems, and subsurface water use for irrigation.
Learn more about how the Winship Cancer Institute achieved LEED certification in Caring for Patients and the Environment.
Recipient of a 2005 Design of Excellence Bronze Award from the American Society of Interior Designers, Georgia chapter. It has also received a Gold Citation from American School & University magazine’s 2005 awards program and an honorable mention from The Center for Health Design’s Healthcare Environment Award program.
In Design: An office building with an 800 vehicle parking deck on Dalney Street. The parking deck
Under Construction: The Center for Advanced Pediatrics houses pediatric clinics and research
The Ken and Blaire Mossman Building, a laboratory building, houses high-level research and
Strong Hall, an eight story, multidisciplinary science facility housing research and teaching
A three building complex, on the North Campus, comprising Magnolia and Dogwood Residence Halls, two
Under Construction: Renovation of three floors, and the addition of a mezzanine level, in the 25
In Design: The Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center houses a 1,200 seat performance hall and
Under Construction: Expansion of the hospital for the addition of a surgical suite tower. The
In Design: Renovation of the Greek-Revival style South Caroliniana Library, constructed circa 1840,
Commissioning of the Molecular Science and Engineering Building located in the Biotechnology
Fit-up of offices on eleven floors, as well as intelligent building systems, acoustical,