- FIRM PROFILE
The five story Emory Children’s Center includes open modular laboratory space, tissue culture rooms, environmental rooms, fume hood rooms, examination rooms, patient consultation areas, procedure rooms, glasswash/sterilization areas, and a BSL-3 laboratory. The facility also houses a 12,000 square foot animal holding facility with fifteen mouse holding rooms (total capacity of forty-four racks), six procedure rooms, necropsy, cage wash facilities, and support space, and houses more than 140 faculty researchers and clinicians. Sustainable features include an energy recovery system and a condensate recovery system.
The exhaust system for the animal holding rooms was designed for maximum flexibility while minimizing cost by including specialized iris dampers to compensate for racks that are disconnected from the exhaust system. While fifteen air changes per hour are provided for each holding room, the HVAC system has the capability to reduce the air change rate if ventilated racks are used. The cage wash facilities are fed by clean steam to reduce risk to the animals from chemicals added to plant steam.
Acoustics include mechanical and electrical systems noise and vibration control.
Extension of the campus steam system to support the five story Children’s Center.
The Veterinary Medical Center comprises the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, including the Cora
Renovation of Rebekah Scott Hall, a 1905 building on the National Register of Historic Places. The
The Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Building is a warehouse facility housing support
A state-of-the-art instructional building for the School of Nursing and supporting
The campus of Impact 360, including “The Commons”, a 36,000 square foot multipurpose
Acoustics, audio-visual systems and lighting for the Core Campus Residence Hall, a mixed-use
A three-story student wellness center housing counseling and psychological services (CAPS), case
In Design: Renovation of the circa 1930’s era Seacobeck Hall housing classrooms and
Under Construction: Phased renovation of the 100,000 square foot, four story, circa 1950s Judge S.
Expansion of the Blairsville Campus building to support health education programs. The addition
Conversion of the four story historically significant Beeson Hall from a residence hall into