HVAC Engineer, Atlanta, Georgia (8+ years experience)
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager, with specific experience working in the health care market sector. Thanks to the best and brightest engineers in our industry, we have provided innovative engineering solutions to shape the world for more than 95 years. We design technically advanced, innovative sustainable facilities for sophisticated owners and architectural clients. Our firm size, depth, and collaborative team-focused environment encourages employee growth and development, offers responsibility to those willing to accept it, and provides support to meet your professional goals.
- Lead the mechanical engineering design for health care and other institutional projects, supervising a team of HVAC engineers
- Manage multiple design projects for large health care systems, planning each step of the project production and contract administration processes
- Grow client relationships and be the primary manager of those clients
- Support the company with the design of complex HVAC systems
- Coordinate design efforts working closely with our in-house disciplines (Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection and Low Voltage), architectural clients, and building owners
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding of HVAC system concepts, as applicable to health care
- Vast experience in the HVAC consulting business, including large air handling, chilled water and hot water system design
- Proficiency with designing and managing large, complex health care projects
- Demonstrate proficiency with client management
- Have a solid technical base with desire to learn, lead, and grow into the firm’s primary lead mechanical engineer, project management and client management role for various health care systems
- Must prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures
- Able to communicate well in writing, as well as verbally
- LEED Accredited Professional (BD+C) beneficial
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Possess a PE in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum Eight (8) years experience in the HVAC consulting business (large systems)
- Minimum Four (4) years experience in project management
- Minimum Two (2) years experience supervising a team of at least two (2) mechanical engineers
- Specific project experience must include a minimum of three (3) large health care projects, minimum $20M total construction cost, where the candidate’s role was both the project manager and the lead mechanical engineer
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to mechanical and electrical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the integration of additional services including commissioning, acoustics, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.>