Commissioning Professional, Atlanta, GA
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for a mid-level Commissioning Professional, with Project Management experience. Thanks to the best and brightest engineers in our industry, we have provided innovative engineering solutions to shape the world for more than 90 years. Our team-focused environment encourages employee growth and development, offers responsibility to those willing to accept it, and provides technical coaches to help you engineer success.
- Lead commissioning (Cx) and retro-commissioning (RCx) projects.
- Prepare templates, documentation, and calculations for testing of systems.
- Lead in-depth functional testing of complex engineered systems.
- Lead team meetings, plan and manage schedule for acceptance testing team.
- Analyze testing results and evaluate proper and optimized operations of complex engineered systems.
- Provide support for our HVAC design services, related to controls and/or TAB issues.
- Possess a desire to develop knowledge, skills and abilities in the trade, and advance in a career in the commissioning industry.
- Demonstrate exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to travel 80% of time.
- Must prioritize effectively, have good follow-through, and practice self-implemented quality control measures.
- Able to communicate well in writing, as well as verbally.
- Desire to attain Cx, controls and/or TAB certifications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience commissioning large commercial projects.
- TAB and/or HVAC controls expertise beneficial.
- Cx, controls and/or TAB certifications beneficial.
- HVAC or electrical engineering experience beneficial.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering beneficial, or have related technical field experience.
- PE beneficial.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC system concepts and associated controls systems, and have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve system operational issues.
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to commissioning services, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the integration of additional services including mechanical and electrical engineering, acoustics, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering and commissioning solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.