Accounting Manager/Controller, Atlanta, GA
(7-10 years experience)
Newcomb & Boyd, a multi-discipline engineering firm in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for a Accounting Manager/Controller. The Accounting Manager/Controller will report directly to the Partners and play a key strategic role at this 150-person, fast-growing, privately-held company. This position will be directly responsible for accounting, finance, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and project costing, while managing a team of approximately 2 to 4 people.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 7-10+ years accounting/finance experience, 3-5 years in leadership roles
- Deltek Vision experience strongly preferred
- CPA a plus
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting and financial functions of the Partnership
- Provide advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Create budgets, forecasts, and management/project reporting packages
- Analyze financial ratios, trends, etc.
- Review financial entries, documents, and reports for errors and inconsistencies
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions, including intra-company transactions
- Oversee deposits, bank accounts, and cash management
- Manage accounts payable, customer billing, accounts receivable, and collections processes
- Review monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Recommend and implement standards for handling company finances and documentation
- Oversee compliance with Partnership accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place for financial and tax reporting
- Liaison for external tax accountant and internal Vision Database Administrator on accounting information systems
- Perform other projects as requested by the Partners
- Willing to be “hands on” in the day-to-day accounting and financial aspects of the Partnership
- A strategic and financial big-picture thinker with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong track record of implementing process improvements
- Able to establish strong working relationships with Partners, engineers and staff
- Advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills (Word & PowerPoint, a plus)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Be a Part of Our Team
In addition to mechanical and electrical design, Newcomb & Boyd caters to the needs of clients and owners through the integration of additional services including commissioning, acoustics, audio-visual, communications, building automation, theatre systems, security, and lighting design. Our portfolio comprises work across many market sectors, including aviation, civic & cultural, corporate, government, health care, academic, science & technology, and sports.
We offer a flexible work schedule, 401(k) plan with company match, employee and family social events, health and fitness programs, and many additional benefits. We believe our purpose is to provide engineering solutions to shape the world.
Come shape the world with us.
Newcomb & Boyd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and participates in E-Verify